Sukna scam: Lt Gen Rath`s court martial postponed
Shillong: The Army has postponed court martial proceedings against Lieutenant General PK Rath for two weeks in the Sukna land scam on his request.
The proceedings were scheduled to begin here at the military station on August 30 but after the officer requested for postponement, the presiding officer Lt Gen IJ Singh ordered the General Court Martial (GCM) to assemble on September 14, Army sources told a news agency.
The GCM has three Lieutenant General-rank officers in it.
Rath along with three other generals was indicted by an Army probe for issuing no objection certificates to private realtors for building educational institutions on a 70-acre
plot of land adjacent to the Sukna military station in West Bengal.
After the Court of Inquiry submitted its report, disciplinary action was recommended against Rath and former Military Secretary Lt Gen Avadesh Prakash and administrative
action was initiated against Lt Gen Ramesh Halgali and Maj Gen PK Sen.
Halgali was recently promoted as Director General, Military Training, and posted to Army Headquarters here after serving as 11 Corps Commander in Jalandhar.
Summary of Evidence (SOE) against Prakash in the case is still continuing at Army`s Eastern Command Headquarters in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj