Sukna scam: Lt Gen Rath`s court martial postponed
Shillong: The Army has postponed court martial proceedings against Lieutenant General PK Rath for two weeks in the Sukna land scam on his request.
The proceedings were scheduled to begin here at the military station on August 30 but after the officer requested for postponement, the presiding officer Lt Gen IJ Singh ordered the General Court Martial (GCM) to assemble on September 14, Army sources told a news agency.
The GCM has three Lieutenant General-rank officers in it.
Rath along with three other generals was indicted by an Army probe for issuing no objection certificates to private realtors for building educational institutions on a 70-acre
plot of land adjacent to the Sukna military station in West Bengal.
After the Court of Inquiry submitted its report, disciplinary action was recommended against Rath and former Military Secretary Lt Gen Avadesh Prakash and administrative
action was initiated against Lt Gen Ramesh Halgali and Maj Gen PK Sen.
Halgali was recently promoted as Director General, Military Training, and posted to Army Headquarters here after serving as 11 Corps Commander in Jalandhar.
Summary of Evidence (SOE) against Prakash in the case is still continuing at Army`s Eastern Command Headquarters in Kolkata.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!