Sulking Katju walks out of institute meeting
Bhopal: Chairman of the Press Council of
India (PCI) Justice (retd) Markandey Katju walked out of a
meeting of an institute here, when his suggestion of setting
up an educational centre in his home town, was opposed by a
member, sources said.
Katju walked out of the general council meeting of the
Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and
Mass Communication here yesterday, sources present in the
Katju had reportedly suggested to set up a centre of
the university in Jaora, his home town in Ratlam district.
However, a member of the council took objection to his
suggestion, saying "With this analogy, university`s centres
should be setup in every village of the state."
Angered by his words, Katju left the meeting room in a
Katju had made a suggestion, when the issue of opening
centres of the university in different parts of the state came
up for discussion during the meeting.
Later, State Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who
chaired the meet, requested Katju to come back for the
meeting. Though Katju relented, he said he would not take part
in the university meeting in the future, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video