Sulking Katju walks out of institute meeting
Bhopal: Chairman of the Press Council of
India (PCI) Justice (retd) Markandey Katju walked out of a
meeting of an institute here, when his suggestion of setting
up an educational centre in his home town, was opposed by a
member, sources said.
Katju walked out of the general council meeting of the
Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and
Mass Communication here yesterday, sources present in the
Katju had reportedly suggested to set up a centre of
the university in Jaora, his home town in Ratlam district.
However, a member of the council took objection to his
suggestion, saying "With this analogy, university`s centres
should be setup in every village of the state."
Angered by his words, Katju left the meeting room in a
Katju had made a suggestion, when the issue of opening
centres of the university in different parts of the state came
up for discussion during the meeting.
Later, State Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who
chaired the meet, requested Katju to come back for the
meeting. Though Katju relented, he said he would not take part
in the university meeting in the future, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what