Sulking Yashwant Sinha again left high and dry
New Delhi: Sulking BJP leader and former
Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha has been left high and dry as
he has been made just a member of the key Public Accounts
Committee (PAC) to be headed by his successor and party
colleague Jaswant Singh.
The BJP apparently did not consider Sinha for the
chairmanship after he resigned from all posts in the
organisation following internal tussle over the party`s poor
show in the Lok Sabha elections.
Sinha, who had also been External Affairs Minister,
has not got Chairmanship of the Parliamentary Standing
Committee of External Affairs as also that of Finance. The two
posts have been given to Sushma Swaraj and Murli Manohar Joshi
The PAC, whose term will be upto April 30 next year,
has a number of members, including Gopinath Munde, Naveen
Jindal and Anandrao Adsul from the Lok Sabha and NK Singh
from the Rajya Sabha.
Other members of the committee are Baliram, Khagen Das,
Satpal Maharaj, Bhartruhari Mahtab, K Sambasiva Rao, Jitendra
Singh (Alwar), Kunwar Rewati Raman Singh, K Sudhakaran, M
Thambidurai and Aruna Kumar Vundavalli (all from Lok Sabha).
Rajya Sabha members -- Prasanta Chatterjee, Sharad Joshi,
Ashwani Kumar, Shanta Kumar, K Malaisamy and Saif-ud-Din Soz
-- will also be part of the committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened