Sulking Yashwant Sinha again left high and dry
New Delhi: Sulking BJP leader and former
Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha has been left high and dry as
he has been made just a member of the key Public Accounts
Committee (PAC) to be headed by his successor and party
colleague Jaswant Singh.
The BJP apparently did not consider Sinha for the
chairmanship after he resigned from all posts in the
organisation following internal tussle over the party`s poor
show in the Lok Sabha elections.
Sinha, who had also been External Affairs Minister,
has not got Chairmanship of the Parliamentary Standing
Committee of External Affairs as also that of Finance. The two
posts have been given to Sushma Swaraj and Murli Manohar Joshi
The PAC, whose term will be upto April 30 next year,
has a number of members, including Gopinath Munde, Naveen
Jindal and Anandrao Adsul from the Lok Sabha and NK Singh
from the Rajya Sabha.
Other members of the committee are Baliram, Khagen Das,
Satpal Maharaj, Bhartruhari Mahtab, K Sambasiva Rao, Jitendra
Singh (Alwar), Kunwar Rewati Raman Singh, K Sudhakaran, M
Thambidurai and Aruna Kumar Vundavalli (all from Lok Sabha).
Rajya Sabha members -- Prasanta Chatterjee, Sharad Joshi,
Ashwani Kumar, Shanta Kumar, K Malaisamy and Saif-ud-Din Soz
-- will also be part of the committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!