Sultry day in Delhi, rains expected on Thursday
New Delhi: It was a sunny and humid day in the national capital on Wednesday, a day after a torrential downpour saw numerous commuters stranded and many areas water-logged. The Met office has forecast light rains on Thursday.
According to the Met office, Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled a notch above average at 34.4 degrees Celsius while the minimum was three notches below average at 23.7 degrees Celsius.
The maximum humidity was recorded at 98 percent.
"The sky will remain cloudy tomorrow (Thursday) and light rains may occur in some parts of the city," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 33 and 24 degrees Celsius.
Since the arrival of the monsoon, the capital has recorded 745.2 mm of rain, 61 percent above average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight