Sultry day in Delhi, rains expected on Thursday
New Delhi: It was a sunny and humid day in the national capital on Wednesday, a day after a torrential downpour saw numerous commuters stranded and many areas water-logged. The Met office has forecast light rains on Thursday.
According to the Met office, Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled a notch above average at 34.4 degrees Celsius while the minimum was three notches below average at 23.7 degrees Celsius.
The maximum humidity was recorded at 98 percent.
"The sky will remain cloudy tomorrow (Thursday) and light rains may occur in some parts of the city," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 33 and 24 degrees Celsius.
Since the arrival of the monsoon, the capital has recorded 745.2 mm of rain, 61 percent above average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’