Sultry day in Delhi, rains expected on Thursday
New Delhi: It was a sunny and humid day in the national capital on Wednesday, a day after a torrential downpour saw numerous commuters stranded and many areas water-logged. The Met office has forecast light rains on Thursday.
According to the Met office, Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled a notch above average at 34.4 degrees Celsius while the minimum was three notches below average at 23.7 degrees Celsius.
The maximum humidity was recorded at 98 percent.
"The sky will remain cloudy tomorrow (Thursday) and light rains may occur in some parts of the city," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 33 and 24 degrees Celsius.
Since the arrival of the monsoon, the capital has recorded 745.2 mm of rain, 61 percent above average.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources