Summon Oz High Comm on attacks against Indians: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of fresh attacks on
Indians living in Australia, BJP today demanded that the
government summon the Australian High Commissioner and also
take up the matter at the highest level with that country.
BJP also accused the Government of India of merely making
routine protests to the Australian government against attacks
on Indians residing there.
"The Indian government should immediately call the
Australian High Commissioner and register its protest. It
should take up the matter with the highest authorities in the
Australian government to demand tough action against the
culprits," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
In fresh incidents of violence against Indians in
Australia reported today, four community youths, including
three cabbies, were attacked in two separate incidents in
The latest attacks against Indians were 10th in this
"BJP condemns these attacks on Indians in Australia,
which have a clear anti-India racial tone. Though the
Australian government is in denial mode, it must realise that
there are certain elements which are bent on attacking
Indians," Javadekar said.
The main opposition has insisted that India was not
doing enough for the safety of its people living in Australia
and demanded it should talk tough with that government on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant