Sunanda Pushkar death case: AIIMS doctor accuses Tharoor, Azad of influencing report
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: The controversy over Sunanda Pushkar’s mysterious death seems to be deepening, with reports on Tuesday saying that All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) doctor Sudhir Gupta has claimed that he was pressurised to give a tailor made report in the case.
According to a report published in a website, Dr Gupta, who was heading the panel that conducted the post-mortem of Sunanda, has filed an affidavit in the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) stating that he was pressurised by former union minister and president of AIIMS Ghulam Nabi Azad to act in an “unprofessional” manner to cover up the matter.
Dr Gupta`s has further claimed that he was not able to state the truth in his report due to the influence of two ex-powerful Cabinet ministers Shashi Tharoor and Azad.
The report quoted the affidavit saying, “(The) applicant could not muster courage of openly placing the facts in black and white as the former president of AIIMS Shri Gulam Nabi Azad was an immensely powerful politician and then the health minister and the husband of late Sunanda Pushkar was also a minister and a powerful politician.”
Dr Gupta in his application has asked CAT to allow him to give his views in sealed envelope.
Interestingly, Dr Gupta`s disclosure comes at a time when has been slapped with charges of plagiarism and misconduct.
In order to prove that autopsy report was influenced, Dr Gupta has also submitted details of emails exchanged between AIIMS director and Tharoor.
Meanwhile, reacting to the startling revelations, BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra tweeted:
Sunanda Puskar was indeed a Rich woman who died very Poor..did not earn even a Single Friend to Fight for her after her Mysterious Death!!
— Sambit Patra (@sambitswaraj) July 1, 2014
Sunanda was found dead in a five-star hotel in Delhi days after she was engaged in a verbal spat with a Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar on a social networking site, suspecting her of having an affair with her husband. However, Tarar had denied the allegations. The viscera report of Sunanda had hinted towards drug poisoning.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies