Sunanda Pushkar death case: Shashi Tharoor given clean chit? SDM to examine autopsy report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Minister of State for Human Resource Development (HRD) Shashi Tharoor has been given a clean chit in his wife Sunanda Pushkar`s death probe, reports claimed on Tuesday.
The autopsy report of Sunanda Pushkar was given to Sub-Divisional Magistrate Alok Sharma by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) stating that "drug overdose" may have caused her death.
SDM Sharma, who is holding inquest proceedings into the Sunanda Pushkar death case, is expected to examine today the autopsy report handed over to him by the doctors at AIIMS yesterday.
The doctors panel, which conducted the post-mortem, said drug overdose appeared to be the cause of the mysterious death of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife last Friday.
AIIMS sources said "drug overdose", which in other words could be called "drug poisoning", has been cited as the cause of death in the conclusion by doctors.
Delhi Police have also reportedly given a clean chit to Shashi Tharoor based on the testimony of a witness who saw Pushkar alive two hours after Tharoor had left the five-star hotel in Delhi where she was found dead.
The physical injuries found on Sunanda`s body were unrelated to her death.
Sunanda, 52, was found dead in her hotel room in Leela Palace in New Delhi`s Chanakyapuri on Friday.
As the marriage of Sunanda Pushkar and Shashi Tharoor was over three years, the inquest proceeding into her death was overseen by the Sub-Divisional Magistrate.
Tharoor was also questioned about his alleged relationship with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar.
Tharoor also wrote a letter to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, saying that he was "horrified" to read the "reckless speculations" over the matter in the media.
Promising full cooperation in the probe, he urged the Home Minister to instruct for a speedy investigation for the truth to come out at the earliest.
The entire saga revolving around the couple`s life was played out on Twitter last week when Sunanda accused Mehr Tarar of attempting to break her marriage and declared her to be an ISI agent.
It finally took an ugly turn on January 17 evening, when Sunanda`s dead body was found in Room No.345 of the Hotel Leela Palace in New Delhi.
Sunanda`s final rites were performed at the Lodhi Road crematorium on Saturday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you