Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor cremated
New Delhi: The mortal remains of Sunanda Pushkar, who was found dead in mysterious circumstances at a luxury hotel last night, were consigned to flames on Saturday in presence of her family members.
Sunanda`s 21-year-old son Shiv Menon lit the pyre. Pushkar`s husband Union minister Shashi Tharoor, her father and brother were among the family members present at the Lodhi Road crematorium.
Earlier, her body was taken from AIIMS to Tharoor`s residence at Lodhi Estate where a number of prominent political leaders including Defence Minister AK Antony, Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi and former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit paid tributes to her.
Menon, who performed the last rites, is Sunanda`s son from previous marriage.
A three-member panel of doctors headed by Dr Sudhir K Gupta had conducted an autopsy on Sunanda`s body in AIIMS.
52-year-old Sunanda was found dead in her suite at the Leela Palace hotel last evening and the body was shifted to AIIMS at around 3:30 AM for post-mortem.
Sunanda and Tharoor were at the centre of a raging controversy when reports emerged that she was upset over reported text and tweet messages between her husband and Mehr Tarar, a Pakistani journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report