Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor cremated
New Delhi: The mortal remains of Sunanda Pushkar, who was found dead in mysterious circumstances at a luxury hotel last night, were consigned to flames on Saturday in presence of her family members.
Sunanda`s 21-year-old son Shiv Menon lit the pyre. Pushkar`s husband Union minister Shashi Tharoor, her father and brother were among the family members present at the Lodhi Road crematorium.
Earlier, her body was taken from AIIMS to Tharoor`s residence at Lodhi Estate where a number of prominent political leaders including Defence Minister AK Antony, Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi and former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit paid tributes to her.
Menon, who performed the last rites, is Sunanda`s son from previous marriage.
A three-member panel of doctors headed by Dr Sudhir K Gupta had conducted an autopsy on Sunanda`s body in AIIMS.
52-year-old Sunanda was found dead in her suite at the Leela Palace hotel last evening and the body was shifted to AIIMS at around 3:30 AM for post-mortem.
Sunanda and Tharoor were at the centre of a raging controversy when reports emerged that she was upset over reported text and tweet messages between her husband and Mehr Tarar, a Pakistani journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore