Sunanda Pushkar was killed, want SC probe into the case: Subramanian Swamy
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader and noted lawyer Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday said that he will file a petition seeking a probe by the Supreme Court into the mysterious death of former Union Minister and Congress leader Shashi Tharoor`s wife Sunanda Pushkar.
“Sunanda Pushkar had said that she would expose IPL deals, Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra`s name would also have surfaced. Sunanda Pushkar was killed and there should be an inquiry into it by Supreme Court,” Subramanian Swamy was quoted as saying by leading news channels.
“I am going to file a petition in Sunanda Pushkar death probe by the end of July,” the BJP leader further added.
Meanwhile, Congress ally Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has also called for a thorough probe into Sunanda Pushkar`s death.
“There should be an inquiry into the death of Sunanda Pushkar and Shashi Tharoor should co-operate,” lawyer and NCP leader Majid Memon said.
Reacting to the issue, Kiren Rijiju, MoS Home said, “I have not seen the report yet, so can`t comment.”
The reactions from Swamy and Menon came hours after the head of the forensics department at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) stirred the hornet`s nest by claiming that he was pressured into giving a false report in the Sunanda Tharoor death case.
Sunanda was found dead in suite 345 of south Delhi`s Leela hotel on January 17 this year. Her body was reportedly found by Tharoor around 8pm, when he returned to the hotel after attending a meeting of the All India Congress Committee.
Dr Sudhir Gupta, who headed the team of forensic experts that conducted the post-mortem, has reportedly written to the Health Ministry and the Chief Vigilance Commission complaining that he was pressured by top officials to show it as a "natural death".
Dr Gupta also claimed that he is now being targeted because he did not bow to the pressure and gave a report stating that Sunanda`s death was caused by drug poisoning that could be both suicidal or homicidal.
However, adding a new twist to the claims made by Dr Sudhir Gupta, AIIMS sources say that the governing body of the hospital had recently approved a proposal to promote another doctor from the forensics department and Gupta feared that he could be replaced as the head of the department.
Dr Gupta has also filed a complaint with the central administrative tribunal in this regard.
When quizzed by the reporters, Dr Gupta refused to comment. "I have written to the authorities concerned about my grievances. I don`t want to make any further comment on the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared