Sunnis ignored by Govt: Mashaikh Board
Moradabad: The All India Ulema and
Mashaikh Board on Sunday alleged that Sunnis were being ignored by
the state and Central governments.
Addressing a Sunni conference at Company Bagh here, the
Board President Syed Mahmood Ashraf said that they were being
ignored by the Centre and state government at every level of
All the benefits meant for them (Sunnis) were being
"hijacked" by the Wahhabis, Ashraf claimed.
He rejected the proposal that a meeting between Sunnis
and Wahhabis be organised to overcome the rift.
The Sunni leaders at the conference demanded the removal
of Wahhabi Muslims from Wakf board and from all government
organisations dealing with Muslim affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!