Sunnis ignored by Govt: Mashaikh Board
Moradabad: The All India Ulema and
Mashaikh Board on Sunday alleged that Sunnis were being ignored by
the state and Central governments.
Addressing a Sunni conference at Company Bagh here, the
Board President Syed Mahmood Ashraf said that they were being
ignored by the Centre and state government at every level of
All the benefits meant for them (Sunnis) were being
"hijacked" by the Wahhabis, Ashraf claimed.
He rejected the proposal that a meeting between Sunnis
and Wahhabis be organised to overcome the rift.
The Sunni leaders at the conference demanded the removal
of Wahhabi Muslims from Wakf board and from all government
organisations dealing with Muslim affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah