Sunnis ignored by Govt: Mashaikh Board
Moradabad: The All India Ulema and
Mashaikh Board on Sunday alleged that Sunnis were being ignored by
the state and Central governments.
Addressing a Sunni conference at Company Bagh here, the
Board President Syed Mahmood Ashraf said that they were being
ignored by the Centre and state government at every level of
All the benefits meant for them (Sunnis) were being
"hijacked" by the Wahhabis, Ashraf claimed.
He rejected the proposal that a meeting between Sunnis
and Wahhabis be organised to overcome the rift.
The Sunni leaders at the conference demanded the removal
of Wahhabi Muslims from Wakf board and from all government
organisations dealing with Muslim affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- British MP murder suspect to be tried in November
- Bill for indirect election of mayors passed by Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Jat stir: Haryana to provide 100 percent rebate in property tax
- China brushes off doubts over support on South China Sea, says it is growing
- Do you know why coconuts are offered to deities in temples?