Sunny Deol to contest against Manish Tewari?
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: Bollywood actor Sunny Deol may begin his political career during the General Elections. The `Punjab da Puttar` may contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls against Congress heavyweight Manish Tewari from Punjab`s Ludhiana constituency, reports suggested on Friday.
Sunny, son of Bollywood actor Dharmendra is expected to fight on a BJP/Akali Dal ticket.
Congress has decided to re-nominate Tewari from Ludhiana seat and his candidature will be announced soon.
There was speculation that Tewari was not keen to contest from the seat and the party may not field him citing health reasons.
However, AICC general secretary in-charge for Chandigarh Shakeel Ahmed scotched the speculation asking when did Tewari say he did not want to contest.
Sunny`s father Dharmendra was a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India and was the BJP MP from Bikaner constituency in Rajasthan.
Sunny on Thursday campaigned for BJP`s candidate Dr Satyapal Singh in Baghpat district of western Uttar Pradesh.
The Bollywood action hero took part in a road show organised by the former Mumbai police commissioner. The road show was a hit as huge number of people turned up to see Sunny Deol.
The Akali Dal and the BJP have a long standing alliance and are contesting the 2014 Elections together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi