`Super 30` initiative’s Anand Kumar meets Kapil Sibal
New Delhi: Anand Kumar of `Super 30`
initiative, which helps rural students to crack the IIT-JEE,
Wednesday met HRD Minister Kapil Sibal and submitted suggestions
for adoption of best practices for prevention of recurrence
of errors for the conduct of competitive examinations.
During his meeting, Kumar suggested that there was a need
for developing `Standard Protocol for Competitive
Examination`s Best Procedures and Practices` to prevent
recurrence of serious errors that crept into the question
papers of IIT-JEE 2010.
"The Standard Protocol will be relevant for single
examination system proposed for engineering field from 2013,"
a statement quoted Kumar as telling the minister.
He also suggested that the number of attempts for IIT-JEE
for poor and rural students, should be at least three keeping
in view vast disparity in the quality of education in cities
Print Questions in English and Hindi on alternate pages
in single booklet was another suggestion by Kumar to avoid
printing errors as occurred in Hindi set of question paper of
IIT JEE 2010.
Kumar also informed Sibal that from the current year, he
has decided to increase the intake for the Super 30 programme
from 30 to 60 students. Students from other states are being
selected to be part of the programme.
Various printing and instruction errors came to light in
the IIT-JEE question papers this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi