`Super 30` Maths wizard honoured in Canada
Toronto: Anand Kumar, who shot into fame with his `Super-30` programme that prepares underprivileged students for the challenging IIT exams, has been honoured in Canada for his contributions to the society.
"Your exceptional teaching career is laudable. I am pleased to welcome Anand Kumar to British Columbia for his remarkable way of spreading the light of education in the darkened corners of the society," Naomi Yamamoto, the Minister
for Advanced Education of British Columbia said while welcoming Kumar to the Canadian province.
Marc Dalton, MLA, initiated a proposal in the British Columbia legislature to honour Kumar. The proposal was passed unanimously.
"His inspiring tale is something that can act as a big motivation for all teachers. He deserves to be honoured," he added.
At a glittering function in Vancouver, Dalton presented a citation on behalf of the government to Anand. In his address, Anand said he was overwhelmed with the
"But it is my entire team and the hard work of the underprivileged students that deserves this honour. I am just doing what is close to my heart, as it gives me pleasure," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader