`Super 30` Maths wizard honoured in Canada
Toronto: Anand Kumar, who shot into fame with his `Super-30` programme that prepares underprivileged students for the challenging IIT exams, has been honoured in Canada for his contributions to the society.
"Your exceptional teaching career is laudable. I am pleased to welcome Anand Kumar to British Columbia for his remarkable way of spreading the light of education in the darkened corners of the society," Naomi Yamamoto, the Minister
for Advanced Education of British Columbia said while welcoming Kumar to the Canadian province.
Marc Dalton, MLA, initiated a proposal in the British Columbia legislature to honour Kumar. The proposal was passed unanimously.
"His inspiring tale is something that can act as a big motivation for all teachers. He deserves to be honoured," he added.
At a glittering function in Vancouver, Dalton presented a citation on behalf of the government to Anand. In his address, Anand said he was overwhelmed with the
"But it is my entire team and the hard work of the underprivileged students that deserves this honour. I am just doing what is close to my heart, as it gives me pleasure," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam