Super 30 operator demands fresh exam for IIT-JEE 2010
Patna: Despite the multi-pronged remedial
measures devised for errors in the IIT-JEE papers this year,
Super 30 operator and mathematics wizard Anand Kumar today
said fresh examination for the IIT-JEE 2010 was the `lone
alternative` in the present circumstances.
"Most of around 4.72 lakh candidates who appeared in
the exam on April 11, 2010 underwent psychological pressure
and stress because of the errors in the papers," Anand told
"Any remedial measures devised by the IIT Managing
Board won`t serve any purpose and it will be gross injustice
to deserving students who failed to cope at the time of the
exam," he said.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, he said, had
written to Union Human Resource Department Minister Kapil
Sibal seeking fresh exams as the errors had confused the
Kumar had cited the English version of the paper,
where certain questions carried 48 marks, but the Hindi
version had the same questions with wrong instruction
and carried only 18 marks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui