`Super 30` students can now study at Tokyo University
Patna: The highly acclaimed `Super 30` educational programme which trains students from economically backward sections for the IIT-JEE, on Wednesday entered into an agreement with University of Tokyo which would sponsor study of its students in Japan.
The pact was reached here during a meeting between Anand Kumar, the founder of Super 30, and Yoshino Hiroshi, Director, The University of Tokyo.
As per the tie-up, the University of Tokyo would sponsor study of at least one student of Super 30.
The sponsorship will start with admission of Indian students from October 2013, Yoshino said.
"University of Tokyo is reaching an understanding with the Patna-based mathematical group (Super 30) because of its remarkable performance of training economically poor students to qualify in top institutions like IIT," he said.
Yoshino said the Japanese government Broadcast Corporation (NHK) ran a programme on Super 30 under the heading "Indian shock" to highlight the success of the mathematical club.
The Tokyo University Director said the engagement with Super 30 was part of Japanese government programme "Global 30" to increase flow of Indian students there.
"Presently, out of 1.4 lakh foreign students annually coming to Japan, India`s contribution is only 600. Japan wishes to increase (its) number of foreign students to three lakh by 2020 which can be achieved by raising flow of students from India, particularly in the field of science and technology," he said.
Kumar said the offer from Tokyo university was encouraging.
"This will open avenues for our students in foreign country," he said.
`Super 30` is an initiative of mathematician Anand Kumar in Bihar which trains 30 poor students every year for IIT-JEE out of which a majority have so far succeeded in the test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'