Super 30’s Anand Kumar a role model in Japan
Patna: Anand Kumar, whose Super 30 programme has successfully tutored students from underprivileged sections to the IITs, has emerged as a role model in Japan, according to premiere Japanese TV channel Kansai Telecasting Corporation director Yuta Amma.
Amma along with his crew is currently camping here and is engaged in making a special documentary on Anand and his institute.
``I am extremely happy to be at Super 30. It is really amazing to find underprivileged children working hard under expert guidance for IIT entrance examination. This is a great inspiration for millions of others who want to sit for the examination but are unable to do so due to poverty,`` he told a news agency.
The institute provides free food, free lodging and free coaching to its students.
Amma interacted with the students, their families as well as Anand and his family. He is, however, not the first one from Japan to come to
Patna to make a film on Super 30.
Earlier, Yoichi Itoh, Chief Economist of STB Research Institute made a film on Super 30 for NHK Channel. Following it NHK producer Emiko Amagawa came here in 2007 to make an hour-long documentary on Anand and his school.
Japan’s Amazon TV had done yet another film on the institute.
The country’s famous actress Norika Fujiware had also come here to make yet another film on the institute for TV Man Union.
`Yomuri`, one of the widest circulating Japanese dailies, did a detailed feature on Super 30 as did Newsweek and Time magazines last year.
``I am happy that my initiative has put Bihar on the global education map and Amma`s visit will inspire me do better,`` a confident Anand said.
In the last eight years, Super 30 has helped 212 students clear IIT-JEE. For the last three years all students of the institute have made it to the IITs drawing world-wide attention.
Discovery Channel made an hour-long documentary on the institute, while a film made on it by Christopher Michel went on to win the Viewers? Choice Award in the USA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand