Super Viper: F-16IN aircrafts tailored to meet IAF`s needs
Bangalore: As the race for bagging the USD
10-billion Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft order from India
hots up, US aerospace major Lockheed Martin on Monday raised its
sales pitch saying its fighter plane, F-16IN, is tailored
exclusively to meet the IAF`s requirements.
"The F-16IN is the right choice for the Indian Air Force
and is ready for integration to India`s infrastructure and
operations now," Jack Giese, Lockheed`s International
Communication Manager, told reporters in Bangalore.
IAF had recently conducted flight evaluation and
performance trials in Bangalore for six foreign defence firms,
including Lockheed Martin`s F-16IN Super Viper, vying to bag
the order for 126 MMRCAs.
The Super Viper has the most advanced technologies and
capabilities available today on the international market,
including the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA)
Radar, net-centric warfare capability, advanced survivability
features, a modern all-digital glass cockpit, Jim Benson
Hedge, the pilot who has 2000 hrs of flying the F-16, said.
The radar is a revolutionary all-weather precision
targeting sensor with ultra-high resolution synthetic aperture
mapping and automatic terrain following and air to air
tracking of multiple targets, the company said.
Benson said the fighter not only meets the IAF
requirements but also exceeds some of them. "It gives a pilot
more time to make the best decisions"
On the chances of winning the order, Jack said "We are
extremely confident of our product".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror