Supplementary chargesheet filed against Abu Jundal
Mumbai: A supplementary chargesheet was filed against Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal - the key handler in the 26/11 terror attacks by Mumbai police on Tuesday.
Abu Jundal, who has been identified by Ajmal Kasab as a handler of Mumbai attacks, is accused of plotting the Mumbai terror attacks in 2008 that left 166 dead.
The supplementary chargesheet against Jundal includes the details of how he hatched the deadly terror conspiracy.
Sources from the crime branch said that filing of the supplementary charge sheet in the Jundal case within the stipulated time is being done on a priority basis.
Jundal’s phone call record to the two terrorists at Chabbad House during the 26/11 attacks is the most crucial evidence with the police. The voice analysis results from the Kalina forensic laboratory also feauture in the chargesheet.
It is reported that Abu Jundal who planned the details of the 26/11 attack, also taught Hindi and Marathi to the ten terrorists who stage the deadly attack.
It is said that it was Jundal who sat in Karachis control room monitoring the terrorists while they were gunning down innocent people.
Jundal was the one who ensured that the terrorists got well acquainted with Mumbai’s landscape and easily mingled with the local crowd so that they couldn’t be suspected easily.
Jundal was brought to Mumbai on July 21 and the supplementary charge sheet had to be filed within 90 days of the arrest. His custody with the Anti-Terrorism Squad ended on recently following which the magistrate at the Esplanade court ordered that Jundal be taken to Delhi from where the National Investigating Agency (NIA) can take his custody.
The NIA had, on June 8, filed an FIR against Jundal and Faiyaz Kagzi for being part of terror outfits and conspiring to organize explosives for some terror operatives to attack Mumbai and Delhi.
The supplementary charge sheet would be submitted in the Esplanade court. “We are waiting for the voice analysis report which will strengthen our case that Jundal was in touch with the terrorists who had attacked Mumbai on 26/11. The calls were intercepted by the crime branch on the day in which Jundal had been clearly instructing the terrorists,” said a source.
Jundal, who is originally from Beed district of Maharashtra and used to work as an electrician, became a radical after the 2002 Gujarat riots. He joined Lashkar-e-Toiba and soon became one of the most trusted lieutenants of the terror outfit.
Jundal was nabbed by the IB from Saudi Arabia and was brought to Delhi where he was first questioned. His custody was then handed over the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP