Supplementary chargesheet filed against Abu Jundal
Mumbai: A supplementary chargesheet was filed against Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal - the key handler in the 26/11 terror attacks by Mumbai police on Tuesday.
Abu Jundal, who has been identified by Ajmal Kasab as a handler of Mumbai attacks, is accused of plotting the Mumbai terror attacks in 2008 that left 166 dead.
The supplementary chargesheet against Jundal includes the details of how he hatched the deadly terror conspiracy.
Sources from the crime branch said that filing of the supplementary charge sheet in the Jundal case within the stipulated time is being done on a priority basis.
Jundal’s phone call record to the two terrorists at Chabbad House during the 26/11 attacks is the most crucial evidence with the police. The voice analysis results from the Kalina forensic laboratory also feauture in the chargesheet.
It is reported that Abu Jundal who planned the details of the 26/11 attack, also taught Hindi and Marathi to the ten terrorists who stage the deadly attack.
It is said that it was Jundal who sat in Karachis control room monitoring the terrorists while they were gunning down innocent people.
Jundal was the one who ensured that the terrorists got well acquainted with Mumbai’s landscape and easily mingled with the local crowd so that they couldn’t be suspected easily.
Jundal was brought to Mumbai on July 21 and the supplementary charge sheet had to be filed within 90 days of the arrest. His custody with the Anti-Terrorism Squad ended on recently following which the magistrate at the Esplanade court ordered that Jundal be taken to Delhi from where the National Investigating Agency (NIA) can take his custody.
The NIA had, on June 8, filed an FIR against Jundal and Faiyaz Kagzi for being part of terror outfits and conspiring to organize explosives for some terror operatives to attack Mumbai and Delhi.
The supplementary charge sheet would be submitted in the Esplanade court. “We are waiting for the voice analysis report which will strengthen our case that Jundal was in touch with the terrorists who had attacked Mumbai on 26/11. The calls were intercepted by the crime branch on the day in which Jundal had been clearly instructing the terrorists,” said a source.
Jundal, who is originally from Beed district of Maharashtra and used to work as an electrician, became a radical after the 2002 Gujarat riots. He joined Lashkar-e-Toiba and soon became one of the most trusted lieutenants of the terror outfit.
Jundal was nabbed by the IB from Saudi Arabia and was brought to Delhi where he was first questioned. His custody was then handed over the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!