Supplementary chargesheet in Prajapati case names Vanzara
Banaskantha: IPS officers D G Vanzara and
Dinesh M N were Saturday charged with criminal conspiracy,
murder, destruction of evidence and forgery in the death of
Tulsi Prajapati, a key witness in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
Gujarat CID filed a supplementary chargesheet in the
encounter killing of Prajapati.
The first chargesheet in the November 2006 case was
submitted yesterday against IPS officer Vipul Agrawal and six
other policemen. It was filed in the court of Chief Judicial
Magistrate S S Joshi in Danta taluka here.
The CID document said Vanzara, then DIG (Range), and
Dinesh, who was Udaipur SP, conspired to kill Prajapati, but
does not throw light on the motive behind the conspiracy.
Both officials are also accused in the Sohrabuddin
case of November 2005 and are currently behind bars.
The chargesheet said another IPS officer Rajkumar
Pandiyan (who is behind bars in the Sohrabuddin encounter
case) is also an accused in the killing of Prajapati.
Prajapati was killed by Gujarat Police in an encounter
near Ambaji in Danta taluka of the district when he allegedly
tried to escape from custody while being shifted from
Rajasthan to Gujarat.
The CID has obtained transfer warrant of Vanzara and
Dinesh, lodged in Ahmedabad`s Sabarmati Central Jail, for
Their custody was needed for further probe into the
killing of Prajapati, investigating officials said.
According to CBI, probing the fake encounter case,
Prajapati had helped Gujarat Police in tracking down Sheikh,
after he was assured by Vanzara that the alleged gangster
would get a safe passage and no physical harm would be done to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read