Supplementary chargesheet in Prajapati case names Vanzara
Banaskantha: IPS officers D G Vanzara and
Dinesh M N were Saturday charged with criminal conspiracy,
murder, destruction of evidence and forgery in the death of
Tulsi Prajapati, a key witness in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
Gujarat CID filed a supplementary chargesheet in the
encounter killing of Prajapati.
The first chargesheet in the November 2006 case was
submitted yesterday against IPS officer Vipul Agrawal and six
other policemen. It was filed in the court of Chief Judicial
Magistrate S S Joshi in Danta taluka here.
The CID document said Vanzara, then DIG (Range), and
Dinesh, who was Udaipur SP, conspired to kill Prajapati, but
does not throw light on the motive behind the conspiracy.
Both officials are also accused in the Sohrabuddin
case of November 2005 and are currently behind bars.
The chargesheet said another IPS officer Rajkumar
Pandiyan (who is behind bars in the Sohrabuddin encounter
case) is also an accused in the killing of Prajapati.
Prajapati was killed by Gujarat Police in an encounter
near Ambaji in Danta taluka of the district when he allegedly
tried to escape from custody while being shifted from
Rajasthan to Gujarat.
The CID has obtained transfer warrant of Vanzara and
Dinesh, lodged in Ahmedabad`s Sabarmati Central Jail, for
Their custody was needed for further probe into the
killing of Prajapati, investigating officials said.
According to CBI, probing the fake encounter case,
Prajapati had helped Gujarat Police in tracking down Sheikh,
after he was assured by Vanzara that the alleged gangster
would get a safe passage and no physical harm would be done to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional