Support to DMK limited: Congress
New Delhi: The Congress said on Wednesday that its support to DMK`s Kanimozhi for the June 27 Rajya Sabha election was limited to a single event.
"This coalition is limited to this event," Congress spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit told reporters after the party decided that its five legislators in Tamil Nadu will support the daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi.
The DMK left the Congress-led UPA in March over the Sri Lanka issue.
Asked why the Congress was supporting Kanimozhi, who was jailed in the 2G spectrum allocation case, Dikshit said the decision was to support a party and not an individual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption