Support to DMK limited: Congress
New Delhi: The Congress said on Wednesday that its support to DMK`s Kanimozhi for the June 27 Rajya Sabha election was limited to a single event.
"This coalition is limited to this event," Congress spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit told reporters after the party decided that its five legislators in Tamil Nadu will support the daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi.
The DMK left the Congress-led UPA in March over the Sri Lanka issue.
Asked why the Congress was supporting Kanimozhi, who was jailed in the 2G spectrum allocation case, Dikshit said the decision was to support a party and not an individual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?