Support to Pranab doesn’t mean support to Cong: CPM
Solapur (Mah): Senior CPM leader and politburo member Sitaram Yechuri on Friday said here that his party`s support to Pranab Mukherjee as the presidential candidate did not mean support to Congress.
"Our support is to Pranab-da...Our support is not to Congress," said Yechuri, who is here to attend a meeting of CPM office-bearers from Maharashtra.
The UPA government had failed on all fronts, he said, talking to reporters before the meeting.
A three-day state level meeting of CPM today started here. Yechuri addressed the session today, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP