Supporting UPA `compulsion` for SP, BSP: Beni Prasad
Lucknow: Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Monday said the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and the Samajwadi Party (SP) were "under compulsion" to support the Congress-led central government to complete its full term. But he refused to elaborate further saying the compulsion was "well known".
"`Yeh main bhi jaanta hoon aur aap bhi jaante hain, darasal aap mujhse behtar jaante hain ki ve kyon samarthan denge` (I as well as the media knows about it, in fact the media knows it better than me, as to why they will support the government)," Verma said, referring indirectly to the rumours that the chiefs of both the parties fear being probed for disproportionate assets.
On West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee`s announcement about moving a no-confidence motion against the United Progressive Alliance government in the winter session of parliament, the minister said the government was not worried about it as it had the desired numbers to defeat the motion.
The SP and the BSP have 22 and 21 members, respectively, in the Lok Sabha.
He also claimed the UPA would come back to power in 2014 as there was "no alternative" to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow