Supporting UPA `compulsion` for SP, BSP: Beni Prasad
Lucknow: Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Monday said the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and the Samajwadi Party (SP) were "under compulsion" to support the Congress-led central government to complete its full term. But he refused to elaborate further saying the compulsion was "well known".
"`Yeh main bhi jaanta hoon aur aap bhi jaante hain, darasal aap mujhse behtar jaante hain ki ve kyon samarthan denge` (I as well as the media knows about it, in fact the media knows it better than me, as to why they will support the government)," Verma said, referring indirectly to the rumours that the chiefs of both the parties fear being probed for disproportionate assets.
On West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee`s announcement about moving a no-confidence motion against the United Progressive Alliance government in the winter session of parliament, the minister said the government was not worried about it as it had the desired numbers to defeat the motion.
The SP and the BSP have 22 and 21 members, respectively, in the Lok Sabha.
He also claimed the UPA would come back to power in 2014 as there was "no alternative" to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you