Supreme Court should monitor probe into chopper deal: Rajnath Singh
Mon (Nagaland): BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Tuesday demanded a Supreme Court-monitored comprehensive probe into the chopper deal to bring the guilty to book saying "criminal cases are not solved through debates but by swift action".
"The Prime Minister yesterday said that his Government was ready for discussion in Parliament on all issues including the helicopter deal. Corruption and other such criminal cases are not solved through debates but by swift action and proper investigation," BJP president Rajnath Singh said here while addressing an election rally.
"The BJP demands a comprehensive probe into this scam under Supreme Court supervision and those found guilty should be brought to book," he said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had yesterday said he was ready to discuss the issue in Parliament during the Budget Session beginning Thursday.
Giving a local spin to the issue, the BJP President said had the money being used for development of Nagaland and nurturing job opportunities in the hilly state, thousands of youth of the state wouldn`t have been jobless in the state today.
Singh promised to give a special package for the North-East if the ruling Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN), a coalition of Nagaland People`s Front (NPF), BJP and JD-U wins the assembly elections and NDA comes to power at the Centre in 2014.
Slamming the Congress for not resolving the vexed Naga issue for years, Singh promised to find a "unique solution" to the "long standing problem".
"The BJP is committed to resolve the Naga political problem through mutual dialogue and only we can find a unique solution to this long standing problem. The Congress party has done precious little to address this issue. The BJP wants to bring peace and normalcy in the region," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!