Surat bombing suspect`s next extradition hearing set for May11
London: The next hearing in the extradition
case of Tiger Hanif, a key suspect in the 1993 Surat bomb
blasts, has been set here for May 11.
Mohammad Hanif Umarji Patel or Tiger Hanif, who is wanted
by India in connection with the 17-year old bombing case, was
arrested in February by Scotland Yard and the court is to
decide on his extradition to India.
Judge Workman at the City of Westminster Magistrate`s
Court said prior to the next hearing the court will hear
through video link about the status of the remand of Patel on
Hanif, 49, has been remanded in custody till April 28,
and his remand is likely to be extended.
The prosecution solicitor, Julien Knowles, informed the
court that all the documents needed for the extradition case
have been received from the government of India. Hanif was
present at the court for the hearing.
Tiger Hanif is a key accused in the January 1993 twin
blasts that killed an eight-year-old school girl and wounded
12 others in Surat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena