Suresh Kalmadi out of Ethics Committee
New Delhi: Suspended Congress MP Suresh
Kalmadi, who is in judicial custody in Tihar in connection
with Commonwealth Games scam, has been removed from the Ethics
Committee of the Lok Sabha.
"It is an established practice that members who have been
jailed are dropped from the Committee," Parliamentary sources
The Committee, chaired by Congress MP Manikrao Gavit,
oversees the moral and ethical conduct of members and examines
every complaint of unethical behaviour of members.
In a charge sheet filed in May, the CBI has named Kalmadi,
the former chairman of the Commonwealth Games Organising
Committee, as a prime accused and the mastermind in a
corruption case related to financial irregularities in
awarding a Rs 141 crore contract for timing, scoring and
result system for the October 2010 sporting event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation