Surveillance video could give clue about missing Indian student Sunil Tripathi
Washington: A new surveillance video obtained by American law enforcement agencies could provide some vital clue about Indian-American Sunil Tripathi, who went missing on March 16.
An image from the surveillance video, captured near Brown University on March 16, just 19 minutes after Sunil`s last recorded computer activity, displays a man walking south on Brook Street who matches Sunil`s physical description: six feet tall, skinny, and last seen wearing a black cap, dark jacket and jeans.
An undergraduate student from the Brown University, Sunil went missing on March 16.
He left his cell phone, ID and wallet in his room, where he was last seen by his roommate.
The man`s physique also matches an image of Sunil that was captured by the same camera on the evening before his disappearance.
Side-by-side analysis of the suspected Sunil video and the definitive Sunil video reveals a similar gait and identical walking route.
The video segments could help in pinpointing the time that Sunil departed and the route he may have taken after his disappearance.
"This footage provides important clues that can help hone our search for Sunil," said Sangeeta Tripathi, Sunil`s sister.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is helping the local police authorities in the investigation.
Providence businesses have also been assisting the search by reviewing their private surveillance footage from the weekend of Sunil`s disappearance.
"We have been awed by the outpouring of support from the Providence community," said Ravi Tripathi, Sunil`s brother.
"From grocery store and coffee shop owners who are posting flyers to the waves of complete strangers who have volunteered to search the parks and canvass the streets, the community`s willingness to pitch in to find Sunny has been really remarkable," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre