Sushil Kr Shinde to replace Pranab as LS Leader?
New Delhi: With Pranab Mukherjee filing nomination for the Presidential poll on Thursday, hectic parleys have begun in the Congress on his successor as the Leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
Sources told Zee News on Thursday, that the Congress is mulling on the name of Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde as the likely replacement of Pranab.
As per reports, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is keen on his name and hence the party is holding wide ranging parleys on the issue.
What works in Shinde’s favour is his closeness to 10 Janpath and his cordial relations with leaders from across the political spectrum.
However, he having deposed in the Adarsh land scam case may pose as a hindrance in his elevation to the coveted post.
Shinde had deposed before the Adarsh Commission in Mumbai on June 25 in connection with the scam. Shinde was the chief minister of Maharashtra from 2001 to 2003 when he cleared many files including allotment of land to Adarsh.
Among the other names being talked about for the Leader of the House post are that of P Chidambaram and Kamal Nath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand