Sushil Kr Shinde to replace Pranab as LS Leader?
New Delhi: With Pranab Mukherjee filing nomination for the Presidential poll on Thursday, hectic parleys have begun in the Congress on his successor as the Leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
Sources told Zee News on Thursday, that the Congress is mulling on the name of Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde as the likely replacement of Pranab.
As per reports, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is keen on his name and hence the party is holding wide ranging parleys on the issue.
What works in Shinde’s favour is his closeness to 10 Janpath and his cordial relations with leaders from across the political spectrum.
However, he having deposed in the Adarsh land scam case may pose as a hindrance in his elevation to the coveted post.
Shinde had deposed before the Adarsh Commission in Mumbai on June 25 in connection with the scam. Shinde was the chief minister of Maharashtra from 2001 to 2003 when he cleared many files including allotment of land to Adarsh.
Among the other names being talked about for the Leader of the House post are that of P Chidambaram and Kamal Nath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'