Sushil Kr Shinde to replace Pranab as LS Leader?
New Delhi: With Pranab Mukherjee filing nomination for the Presidential poll on Thursday, hectic parleys have begun in the Congress on his successor as the Leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
Sources told Zee News on Thursday, that the Congress is mulling on the name of Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde as the likely replacement of Pranab.
As per reports, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is keen on his name and hence the party is holding wide ranging parleys on the issue.
What works in Shinde’s favour is his closeness to 10 Janpath and his cordial relations with leaders from across the political spectrum.
However, he having deposed in the Adarsh land scam case may pose as a hindrance in his elevation to the coveted post.
Shinde had deposed before the Adarsh Commission in Mumbai on June 25 in connection with the scam. Shinde was the chief minister of Maharashtra from 2001 to 2003 when he cleared many files including allotment of land to Adarsh.
Among the other names being talked about for the Leader of the House post are that of P Chidambaram and Kamal Nath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video