Sushil Kumar Modi endorses Madani`s stand on Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Bihar BJP leader and former deputy chief minister of the state, Sushil Kumar Modi, said on Tuesday that Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Hind chief, Syed Mehmood Madani, was correct in saying that political parties should not try to seek vote by invoking fear of someone.
The BJP leader tweeted – "Maulana Madani of Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Hind has correctly said that parties should not try to seek vote by showing fear of someone (Namo)." He also said, "Track records of NDA governments are much better in comparison to Congress ruled states for minority welfare. Gujarat is one such example."
He further tweeted – "Congress has not done much for the Muslims though in power for 55 years. They always seek vote by creating fear amongst Muslims."
Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Hind chief questioned Congress` stand on secularism and said that it was raising fears about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi only to secure support of Muslims. Madani, a former Rajya Sabha MP, also said, while speaking at a conference on the demand for reservation for Muslims at Jaipur`s Birla Auditorium on Sunday, that there was no need for Muslims to unnecessarily fear the BJP`s PM candidate.
At the same time he warned the Congress of backlash from Muslims in the Assembly elections in five states that were due to be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly