Sushil Kumar Shinde takes charge as Home Minister
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Sushil Kumar Shinde took charge as the country’s Home Minister on Wednesday.
The former power minister took over from P Chidambaram at the Home Ministry in North Block.
Prior to taking charge, Shinde said that he was aware of the situation in the country and assured that he will strive to maintain cordial relations with the state. “I appeal to all Chief Ministers of the country that we are all Indians irrespective of the party we belong to, we have to unite to find the way out whenever there is a difficulty.”
Thanking the Congress and its leadership, Shinde said, “Congress has never forgotten the Dalits. The faith with which I have been given the responsibility, I will not work just as a Dalit but as a citizen of the country.”
He also sought the assistance of the people, and blessings of the Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi.
“The Home Ministry is a very critical ministry, I being a former police officer I know how deal with it. But every time one cannot deal as a police officer,” Shinde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America