Sushilkumar Shinde has given Pakistan a weapon to attack India: BJP
Bhopal: Senior BJP leader and MP Balbir Punj said here Thursday that by making an irresponsible statement on terrorism, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has given Pakistan a weapon to attack India.
"There is no doubt that Shinde is batting for Pakistan, going by his irresponsible statement at the Congress conclave at Jaipur about the RSS and BJP running so called terrorist training camps," he told reporters, after staging a protest on the issue.
Demanding Shinde`s removal, Punj said that the above statement was made in the presence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the party vice president Rahul Gandhi, but their continued silence on the issue smacks of their approval to such an irresponsible statement from none other than the country`s home minister.
He also demanded that the government must try Shinde for treason under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code.
"By making such an irresponsible statement, Shinde has given a perfect handle to roil this country with a charge of officially sponsoring and promoting terror," Punj said.
Asked about the National Investigative Agency (NIA) action against those involved in Malegaon and Samjhauta Express train blasts, he said, "It was politically motivated.
When a person like Shinde is heading the NIA as home minister, you cannot expect any efficient probe from it".
He also questioned Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s role in such a matter and alleged that while he has the time to sympathise with people in Azamgarh, he has no time to visit Dadhiya village in Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh to share the grief of the family members of martyred soldier Sudhakar Singh, who was brutally killed on the LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city