Sushma blames wrong UPA policies for price rise
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj on Sunday blamed the "wrong policies" of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) for rising prices and accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of leading the "most corrupt" government.
In her speech at a rally organised by the party at the Ramlila Maidan here on culmination of veteran party leader LK Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra (public awareness march), Sushma Swaraj said the prime minister puts the onus of scams on his colleagues.
She said women were badly hit due to the price rise.
"Women suffer the first blow of price rise. Fuel cost is rising. (The government) cannot hear cries of women. Prices are increasing due to corruption and wrong policies of government," Sushma Swaraj said.
The leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha said people had given their verdict to Manmohan Singh to lead but he had become leader of the "most corrupt government".
She said Advani had embarked on his country-wide yatra to highlight the failures of the government.
"(The) Yatra has ended but not the struggle," Sushma Swaraj said.
Advani`s yatra, which started on October 11, reached Delhi Sunday after rolling across 22 states and five Union territories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates