Sushma hits back at Lalu over bribe charges
New Delhi: RJD Chief Lalu Prasad`s allegation on Tuesday that Reddy brothers in Karnataka had paid huge bribes to BJP leaders evoked a sharp reaction from Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj who claimed Congress had benefitted from the mining barons.
Talking to reporters outside Parliament House, Prasad alleged, "Everybody knows the Reddy brothers paid huge money, `mota (huge)` money to BJP leaders. I demand that a Parliamentary Committee be formed to probe the issue."
He was taking a swipe at Swaraj who had said "mota maal (a fat sum)" had gone to Congress in the coal allocation scam, estimated to be worth Rs 1.86 Lakh Crore by the CAG.
Swaraj, who was once considered close to the Reddy brothers, hit back at Prasad on her Twitter handle.
"Shri Laloo Yadav wants to know as to who got Mota Maal from Reddy Bros? I would like to inform him and the country that the Mota Maal from Reddy Bros has also gone to the Congress Party," Swaraj said.
She maintained that all mines were allotted to the Reddys by the Congress government on the recommendations of the Congress Chief Minister. She did not specify chief minister of which state.
Most of the mines owned by Reddy`s are in Andhra Pradesh.
"I demand that all documents related to the recommendations and allotment to Reddy Bros be made public. The country will then know the truth as to who got them the monetary benefits and who made recommendations for them. All the facts should be placed before the nation," Swaraj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead