Sushma reproduced what Mehbooba said: Jaitley
New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in the Rajya
Sabha Arun Jaitley came out in support of his colleague Sushma
Swaraj on the ongoing controversy with regard to PDP leader
Mehbooba Mufti praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Confirming that Mufti had indeed praised good governance
in Gujarat, Jaitley while narrating the incident where Mufti
had done so, said "she narrated an incident in reference to
somebody whom she knew, whose work got resolved in half an
hour or so as she mentioned."
"I think this a matter of record. The entire National
Integration Council heard her. And what Sushmaji has said in
this context, I think, reproduces to the best of my memory
what Mehboobaji has said," Jaitley told reporters here on Tuesday.
Jaitley also said that "the Home Minister during the
course of the NIC meeting had announced that the entire
proceedings are being tape recorded and the entire transcript
would be sent to all the members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket