Sushma reproduced what Mehbooba said: Jaitley
New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in the Rajya
Sabha Arun Jaitley came out in support of his colleague Sushma
Swaraj on the ongoing controversy with regard to PDP leader
Mehbooba Mufti praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Confirming that Mufti had indeed praised good governance
in Gujarat, Jaitley while narrating the incident where Mufti
had done so, said "she narrated an incident in reference to
somebody whom she knew, whose work got resolved in half an
hour or so as she mentioned."
"I think this a matter of record. The entire National
Integration Council heard her. And what Sushmaji has said in
this context, I think, reproduces to the best of my memory
what Mehboobaji has said," Jaitley told reporters here on Tuesday.
Jaitley also said that "the Home Minister during the
course of the NIC meeting had announced that the entire
proceedings are being tape recorded and the entire transcript
would be sent to all the members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters