Sushma scoffs at Congress MPs` decision to forgo allowance
New Delhi: A day after Congress MPs expressed their desire to forgo their daily allowance as no work was being transacted in parliament, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said it was a "prayshchit" (atonement) for their scams.
"Congress MPs` decision to forgo Rs 2,000 allowance is `prayshchit` for CWG and 2G scams," Swarj tweeted Saturday morning.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Friday said several Congress MPs met him over the last few days and said they did not want to take their daily allowance of Rs 2,000 as Parliament was getting adjourned every day without transacting any business.
Both Houses of parliament were adjourned for the 12th consecutive day on Friday as the BJP-led opposition is not budging from its demand of a joint parliamentary committee (JPC) probe into the alleged scam in allocating 2G spectrum in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!