Sushma scoffs at Congress MPs` decision to forgo allowance
New Delhi: A day after Congress MPs expressed their desire to forgo their daily allowance as no work was being transacted in parliament, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said it was a "prayshchit" (atonement) for their scams.
"Congress MPs` decision to forgo Rs 2,000 allowance is `prayshchit` for CWG and 2G scams," Swarj tweeted Saturday morning.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Friday said several Congress MPs met him over the last few days and said they did not want to take their daily allowance of Rs 2,000 as Parliament was getting adjourned every day without transacting any business.
Both Houses of parliament were adjourned for the 12th consecutive day on Friday as the BJP-led opposition is not budging from its demand of a joint parliamentary committee (JPC) probe into the alleged scam in allocating 2G spectrum in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what