Sushma seeks `action` from Sonia in Delhi rape case
Bangalore: Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj on Sunday sought "action" from UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the rape case of a five-year-girl in the national capital.
"I was shattered when I heard about the rape of five-year -old girl. Soniaji had stated `now words alone are not enough, we need action.` I want to ask her who should act in this regard? It is hard to understand why the AICC and UPA chief is talking the language used by the Opposition," she at an election rally here.
Swaraj said India`s capital has become a hub for criminals where women and girls are unsafe. "Neither a five-year-old girl nor 60-year-old women is safe," she rued.
Congress spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi had yesterday said that Sonia Gandhi had spoken to officials and asked them to take immediate action in the case. "Now words alone are not enough, we need action," Dwivedi had said the Congress chief as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’