Sushma Swaraj attacks govt for continuing dialogue with Pakistan
New Delhi: Taking a serious note of repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan at the LoC, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday attacked the government for its policy of continuing a dialogue with that country.
"The border violations by Pakistan is a matter of grave concern. The more our government talks, more the violations," Swaraj said on Twitter.
BJP has been demanding that India stop the dialogue process with Pakistan till it acts against terror emanating from there.
Earlier in August when five Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistan along the Line of Control, the Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha had accused the government of being "weak and indecisive".
The BJP leader had also hit out at the Prime Minister and sought cancellation of his meeting with his Pakistan counterpart Nawaz Sharif in New york in September.
On the issue of Women`s Reservation Bill pending in Parliament, Swaraj said it requires a constitutional amendment and cannot be done through an ordinance.
"Women Reservation Bill requires constitutional amendment. This cannot be done through an ordinance," she said in another tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow