Sushma Swaraj condoles Khandu`s death
New Delhi: Condoling the death of Arunachal
Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, Leader of the Opposition
in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj has emphasised on the need for a
stricter air safety code to prevent helicopter mishaps.
"We must devise a stricter air safety code to prevent
recurrence of such incidents in future," Swaraj said on
Khandu died in a helicopter crash in Arunachal Pradesh.
Swaraj`s demand for a stricter air safety code has come
at a time when the Parliamentary Committee on Transport, which
also covers Civil Aviation, has noted with concern the
pressure put on pilots to fly chartered helicopters and state
government aircraft even in adverse weather conditions or when
the chopper has minor defects.
The Committee has recommended penal action against those
guilty of doing so, including the pilots. It also calls for
empowering pilots to refuse to fly in bad weather or when the
helicopter has some technical defects.
It also expressed concern over the instances of
forceful landings, take offs of helicopters in low visibility,
bad weather and even during nights, which are serious breaches
of aviation security norms.
Swaraj condoled the death of Khandu and others
travelling with him in the helicopter.
"I am sorry to know about the demise of Dorjee Khandu,
the chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh. The co-passengers
have also died in the crash. My sympathies for the bereaved
The BJP Core Group had condoled Khandu`s death in its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!