Sushma Swaraj criticises CBI director`s statement on rape
Jabalpur: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj called CBI director Ranjit Sinha`s recent controversial comment on the issue of rape as "unfortunate".
"Though I have not read that statement, if someone has stated so, then it is highly unfortunate," Sushma told reporters on Wednesday, when she asked about the issue.
Reportedly, the CBI Director said, "If you cannot enforce the ban on betting, it is like saying if you can`t prevent rape, you enjoy it."
However, Sinha expressed regrets for his remarks today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race