Sushma Swaraj demands probe into PAC report leak
Mangalore: Leader of the Opposition in the
Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj on Saturday demanded a probe into the leak
of the draft report of PAC on the 2G spectrum scam, to the
"The government should order an inquiry to find out the
source behind the leakage of Public Accounts Committee
report," the senior BJP leader told reporters here.
She dismissed as "baseless" allegations levelled against
PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi that he was responsible for
the leakage of the report to the media.
The draft report was "rejected" by 11 of the 21-member PAC
on April 28 amid chaos after UPA representatives and one each
of BSP and SP voted against it before Joshi walked out.
Seven Congress MPs, supported by two from DMK, had opposed
the report which was sharply critical of Prime Minister, his
office and others. They alleged it had been `outsourced` and
attacked Joshi seeking to put him in the dock over the leak.
The government, Swaraj charged, was not following
transparency in the on-going probe into 2G spectrum scam and
accused it of attempts to hide the truth.
She criticised the Union Government for its "neglect"
towards solving problems of fishermen.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Majority in UN backs adding permanent members to Security Council: India
- 9 poachers arrested for killing rhino in Kaziranga National Park
- Water woes: MNS activists vandalise irrigation office in Pune
- Hafiz Saeed says JuD won't allow Hindu temples in Pakistan to be destroyed
- Bangla SC to pronounce fate of Jamaat-e-Islami chief on May 5