Sushma Swaraj demands probe into PAC report leak
Mangalore: Leader of the Opposition in the
Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj on Saturday demanded a probe into the leak
of the draft report of PAC on the 2G spectrum scam, to the
"The government should order an inquiry to find out the
source behind the leakage of Public Accounts Committee
report," the senior BJP leader told reporters here.
She dismissed as "baseless" allegations levelled against
PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi that he was responsible for
the leakage of the report to the media.
The draft report was "rejected" by 11 of the 21-member PAC
on April 28 amid chaos after UPA representatives and one each
of BSP and SP voted against it before Joshi walked out.
Seven Congress MPs, supported by two from DMK, had opposed
the report which was sharply critical of Prime Minister, his
office and others. They alleged it had been `outsourced` and
attacked Joshi seeking to put him in the dock over the leak.
The government, Swaraj charged, was not following
transparency in the on-going probe into 2G spectrum scam and
accused it of attempts to hide the truth.
She criticised the Union Government for its "neglect"
towards solving problems of fishermen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP