Sushma Swaraj is Shiv Sena’s first choice for PM
Mumbai: Amid growing chorus for making Narendra Modi the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, the Shiv Sena on Tuesday said that its first choice remains Sushma Swaraj.
Shiv Sena’s Sanjay Raut said while Modi is a capable leader and a fine chief ministers, the party’s choice for the PM’s post remains Sushma Swaraj as the late Bal Thackeray had favoured her over other BJP leaders.
“Balasaheb had given his consent to Sushma as he thought that she has the capability to lead the nation. Balasaheb`s word is final for us," Rauth said.
Raut’s remarks came just days after senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha pitched for making Modi the BJP`s candidate for prime minister in 2014 General Elections.
Also today, BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP and senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani joined the chorus for making Modi the PM candidate, saying he is a “100 percent secular leader”.
The Gujarat Chief Minister has already said that he ie now ready for a larger role in politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV