Sushma Swaraj is Shiv Sena’s first choice for PM
Mumbai: Amid growing chorus for making Narendra Modi the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, the Shiv Sena on Tuesday said that its first choice remains Sushma Swaraj.
Shiv Sena’s Sanjay Raut said while Modi is a capable leader and a fine chief ministers, the party’s choice for the PM’s post remains Sushma Swaraj as the late Bal Thackeray had favoured her over other BJP leaders.
“Balasaheb had given his consent to Sushma as he thought that she has the capability to lead the nation. Balasaheb`s word is final for us," Rauth said.
Raut’s remarks came just days after senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha pitched for making Modi the BJP`s candidate for prime minister in 2014 General Elections.
Also today, BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP and senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani joined the chorus for making Modi the PM candidate, saying he is a “100 percent secular leader”.
The Gujarat Chief Minister has already said that he ie now ready for a larger role in politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi