Sushma Swaraj is Shiv Sena’s first choice for PM
Mumbai: Amid growing chorus for making Narendra Modi the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, the Shiv Sena on Tuesday said that its first choice remains Sushma Swaraj.
Shiv Sena’s Sanjay Raut said while Modi is a capable leader and a fine chief ministers, the party’s choice for the PM’s post remains Sushma Swaraj as the late Bal Thackeray had favoured her over other BJP leaders.
“Balasaheb had given his consent to Sushma as he thought that she has the capability to lead the nation. Balasaheb`s word is final for us," Rauth said.
Raut’s remarks came just days after senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha pitched for making Modi the BJP`s candidate for prime minister in 2014 General Elections.
Also today, BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP and senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani joined the chorus for making Modi the PM candidate, saying he is a “100 percent secular leader”.
The Gujarat Chief Minister has already said that he ie now ready for a larger role in politics.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?