Sushma Swaraj opposes BJP-BSR Congress merger in Karnataka
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Thursday opposed BJP`s proposed alliance or merger the BSR Congress in Karnataka.
“I am opposed to the BSR alliance or merger with BJP in Karnataka,” Sushma tweeted this morning.
Yesterday, in what was being seen as a boost to BJP ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, BSR Congress leader B Sriramulu announced that his party was merging with the national party over two years after he had quit the saffron outfit.
"I have decided to rejoin BJP because people of the country want to see Narendra Modi as prime minister," Sriramulu said.
The BSR Congress` decision came close on the heels of merger of Karnataka Janata Paksha of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa with BJP.
Sriramulu had yesterday claimed that several BJP leaders, including Sushma Swaraj, Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari had agreed to the merger.
Contrary to the claims, Sushma today opposed any such move.
The BJP leader also opposed the move of former Union minister Venod Sharma, who yesterday quit the Congress, to join the Kuldeep Bishnoi-led Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC).
“I am strongly opposed to this. I have conveyed my views to Shri Kuldeep Bishnoi,” she tweeted. “I have conveyed to Shri Raj Nath Singhji in writing that BJP must not permit this.”
Post his joining the HJC, Sharma is tipped to be the BJP-HJC candidate from Karnal Lok Sabha constituency.
It may be noted that Sharma`s son Manu is in a Delhi jail in connection with the murder of model Jessica Lall in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her