Sushma Swaraj slams Congress for its ignorance about poverty
Dhar: The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj criticised the Congress on Friday for not considering those spending Rs 32 and Rs 28 per day as poor and remarked that it doesn`t know what poverty is.
"Congress doesn`t know what poverty is. They don`t even consider those earning Rs 32 and Rs 28 per day as poor," Sushma said addressing a poll-rally in Manawar town in Dhar district from where Madhya Pradesh Women and Child Development Minister Ranjana Baghel is contesting the MP assembly polls.
Praising MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s government, she said that in Madhya Pradesh the state government has framed schemes for people right from their birth until their death.
She specifically highlighted a scheme for women labourers who get one-month maternity leave during which the state government takes care of their welfare.
The the BJP-led Madhya Pradesh government has framed schemes for all sections of society and among them the maximum number of programmes are for the welfare of farmers, she said.
The BJP leader said that promises which the party made in 2003 were fulfilled in 2008. In 2013, the party has come to the electorate again with its performance, she said.
The meeting was also addressed by BJP candidate Baghel who highlighted her various achievements as minister on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch