Sushma Swaraj slams PM`s statement, praises NDA`s performance
Gwalior: Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his "half-empty" glass remark about the economy, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said here on Friday that it was not because of the NDA, but due to rampant corruption of the UPA government.
"During NDA rule, the economy was growing and the country had enough foreign reserves. However, due to rampant corruption by UPA ministers who had filled their pockets, the glass is bound to get half-empty," she said.
Swaraj arrived in the city to address a meeting on "election booth management" organised by the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
Alleging that during UPA rule after every three months a new scam took place and the amount involved also increased substantially, she cited examples of CWG, 2G spectrum and coal block allocation scams.
"The country has not seen such a corrupt government in its history," Swaraj remarked.
Referring to the LPG crisis, she reminded people how LPG cylinders were easily available to people during NDA rule without waiting.
The Leader of the Opposition also slammed the UPA government for its soft approach towards Pakistan and China which resulted in the killing of Sarabjeet Singh in Lahore, beheading of two jawans on the border and Chinese incursions in North East India.
About the recent Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh, Swaraj said that the Congress has raised a lot of hue and cry about it, but remained silent when Maoists killed CRPF jawans in Gadchiroli in Maharashtra, which is ruled by the Congress.
She also criticised the Centre for appointing an alleged Maoist sympathiser, Dr Binayak Sen, in the Planning Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...