Sushma Swaraj slams PM`s statement, praises NDA`s performance
Gwalior: Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his "half-empty" glass remark about the economy, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said here on Friday that it was not because of the NDA, but due to rampant corruption of the UPA government.
"During NDA rule, the economy was growing and the country had enough foreign reserves. However, due to rampant corruption by UPA ministers who had filled their pockets, the glass is bound to get half-empty," she said.
Swaraj arrived in the city to address a meeting on "election booth management" organised by the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
Alleging that during UPA rule after every three months a new scam took place and the amount involved also increased substantially, she cited examples of CWG, 2G spectrum and coal block allocation scams.
"The country has not seen such a corrupt government in its history," Swaraj remarked.
Referring to the LPG crisis, she reminded people how LPG cylinders were easily available to people during NDA rule without waiting.
The Leader of the Opposition also slammed the UPA government for its soft approach towards Pakistan and China which resulted in the killing of Sarabjeet Singh in Lahore, beheading of two jawans on the border and Chinese incursions in North East India.
About the recent Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh, Swaraj said that the Congress has raised a lot of hue and cry about it, but remained silent when Maoists killed CRPF jawans in Gadchiroli in Maharashtra, which is ruled by the Congress.
She also criticised the Centre for appointing an alleged Maoist sympathiser, Dr Binayak Sen, in the Planning Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir