Sushma Swaraj to pay 3-day visit to Dhaka from June 25
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will undertake a three-day visit to Bangladesh from June 25 during which she is likely to meet the top leadership of that country.
Swaraj, who will be the first senior Indian minister to travel to Dhaka since the change of guard in India, is expected to meet Bangladesh President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Foreign Minister A H Mahmood Ali.
She is also likely to meet top opposition leader and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia.
Swaraj`s visit to Dhaka is part of Narendra Modi government`s outreach to India`s neighbouring countries as was evident in the invites sent to top SAARC leaders to attend the swearing in of the Prime Minister here on May 26.
Hasina was among the first foreign leaders to felicitate Modi on his and BJP`s emphatic victory in Lok Sabha elections and had urged him to make Bangladesh as the first foreign destination for an official visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics
- Gene connected to multiple sclerosis discovered, claim scientists!