Sushma Swaraj to pay 3-day visit to Dhaka from June 25
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will undertake a three-day visit to Bangladesh from June 25 during which she is likely to meet the top leadership of that country.
Swaraj, who will be the first senior Indian minister to travel to Dhaka since the change of guard in India, is expected to meet Bangladesh President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Foreign Minister A H Mahmood Ali.
She is also likely to meet top opposition leader and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia.
Swaraj`s visit to Dhaka is part of Narendra Modi government`s outreach to India`s neighbouring countries as was evident in the invites sent to top SAARC leaders to attend the swearing in of the Prime Minister here on May 26.
Hasina was among the first foreign leaders to felicitate Modi on his and BJP`s emphatic victory in Lok Sabha elections and had urged him to make Bangladesh as the first foreign destination for an official visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA