Sushma takes on Digvijay, asks PM to order probe
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj
on Monday took head-on Digvijay Singh`s challenge for a probe into
her alleged business relations with the Reddy brothers and
said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should appoint the Congress
general secretary himself to investigate the matter.
Denying any relations with the mining barons either in
the past or at present, Swaraj said, "I welcome this statement
of Digvijay Singh and I want that this probe should definitely
be done so that the truth comes out as only when the truth
comes out will I get justice."
One of the mining barons, Janardhan Reddy was arrested
today by the CBI in a case of illegal mining.
She sought to throw Prime Minister Singh`s recent
statement in the Lok Sabha - where he had said Leader of
Opposition can hold any inquiry against him and find out for
herself if he had indulged in any corrupt practices - back at
the government and the Congress, saying he could order a
similar probe against her.
"Government can hold any probe against me through any
agency. Or as the Prime Minister had himself made the offer in
the House that Leader of Opposition can investigate the
matter, I now say the Prime Minister can himself hold any
investigations against me," Swaraj said.
Taking the fight further into the Congress camp, she
suggested that the Prime Minister could even appoint some
leader as his representative to conduct the probe.
"If the Prime Minister appoints Digvijay Singh as his
representative for such a probe, I will be most happy as then
Digvijay Singh can satisfy his curiosity by conducting his own
investigations," Swaraj said.
She further reiterated that she had "nothing to do with
the Reddy brothers, neither in the past nor now".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says