Sushma takes on Digvijay, asks PM to order probe
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj
on Monday took head-on Digvijay Singh`s challenge for a probe into
her alleged business relations with the Reddy brothers and
said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should appoint the Congress
general secretary himself to investigate the matter.
Denying any relations with the mining barons either in
the past or at present, Swaraj said, "I welcome this statement
of Digvijay Singh and I want that this probe should definitely
be done so that the truth comes out as only when the truth
comes out will I get justice."
One of the mining barons, Janardhan Reddy was arrested
today by the CBI in a case of illegal mining.
She sought to throw Prime Minister Singh`s recent
statement in the Lok Sabha - where he had said Leader of
Opposition can hold any inquiry against him and find out for
herself if he had indulged in any corrupt practices - back at
the government and the Congress, saying he could order a
similar probe against her.
"Government can hold any probe against me through any
agency. Or as the Prime Minister had himself made the offer in
the House that Leader of Opposition can investigate the
matter, I now say the Prime Minister can himself hold any
investigations against me," Swaraj said.
Taking the fight further into the Congress camp, she
suggested that the Prime Minister could even appoint some
leader as his representative to conduct the probe.
"If the Prime Minister appoints Digvijay Singh as his
representative for such a probe, I will be most happy as then
Digvijay Singh can satisfy his curiosity by conducting his own
investigations," Swaraj said.
She further reiterated that she had "nothing to do with
the Reddy brothers, neither in the past nor now".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India