Suspected Chinese spy arrested from Dharamsala
Dharamsala: Police claimed to have arrested a suspected Chinese spy from McLeodganj here.
Pema Tsering of Tibetan origin was arrested last evening on the complaint of Tibetan government`s security agencies in Dharamsala, SP, Kangra, Balbir Thakur said.
"We were keeping an eye on him after receiving a written complaint from Tibetan security agencies about his suspicious activity and on Wednesday evening, we arrested him," Thakur said.
Police have recovered an Indian voter ID card and Aadhar card from Tsering`s possession.
Both the documents are registered at Chandni Chowk, Delhi.
"We are verifying the validity of the documents recovered from his possession and whether he has obtained Indian citizenship as he possessed an Indian voter ID card," the SP said.
According to police, Tsering entered India in 2009 via Nepal to reach Dharamsala a few days ago.
Referring to Tibetan intelligence reports, Thakur said Tsering was a member of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) of China and also served in the People`s Armed Police Force (PAPF) before coming to India.
Police is probing the matter, he said.
Dharamsala is the seat of the Tibetan government in exile and the Dalai Lama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayodhya self-defence camp: Azam Khan slams Bajrang Dal, says its polarising society
- Facebook to shut down its desktop ad exchange 'FBX'
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade