Suspected IM terrorist Fasih Memhmood sent to judicial custody
New Delhi: Fasih Memhmood, a suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist and an accused in Delhi and Bangalore blasts, was on Thursday remanded in judicial custody and was then ordered to be handed over to Karnataka police.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Asha Menon sent Fasih, 14-day judicial custody after Special Cell of Delhi Police, which had arrested him at IGI Airport after his deportation from Saudi Arabia recently, said it no longer needed his custody for interrogation.
The court ordered for handing Fasih`s to Bangalore police in response to its plea for his custody.
"Accused is remanded in judicial custody. An application is moved by the Bangalore city police to transfer Fasih to Bangalore. Application is allowed.
"Jail authorities are directed to hand over his custody to the Bangalore Police and the accused shall be surrendered in Delhi court after his investigation in Bangalore is over," the ASJ said.
During the hearing, Fasih`s counsel told the court that they have no objection if he is handed over to the Bangalore police.
Fasih, who was arrested by the Special Cell on October 22 after his deportation, is wanted by the Bangalore Police in connection with the Chinaswamy Stadium blasts last year.
The court had on October 23 remanded Fasih to 10-days police custody.
Fasih, who hails from Bihar and is a mechanical engineer by profession, is also named in the charge sheet filed against Abu Jundal, a key handler of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!