Suspected IM terrorist Fasih Memhmood sent to judicial custody
New Delhi: Fasih Memhmood, a suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist and an accused in Delhi and Bangalore blasts, was on Thursday remanded in judicial custody and was then ordered to be handed over to Karnataka police.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Asha Menon sent Fasih, 14-day judicial custody after Special Cell of Delhi Police, which had arrested him at IGI Airport after his deportation from Saudi Arabia recently, said it no longer needed his custody for interrogation.
The court ordered for handing Fasih`s to Bangalore police in response to its plea for his custody.
"Accused is remanded in judicial custody. An application is moved by the Bangalore city police to transfer Fasih to Bangalore. Application is allowed.
"Jail authorities are directed to hand over his custody to the Bangalore Police and the accused shall be surrendered in Delhi court after his investigation in Bangalore is over," the ASJ said.
During the hearing, Fasih`s counsel told the court that they have no objection if he is handed over to the Bangalore police.
Fasih, who was arrested by the Special Cell on October 22 after his deportation, is wanted by the Bangalore Police in connection with the Chinaswamy Stadium blasts last year.
The court had on October 23 remanded Fasih to 10-days police custody.
Fasih, who hails from Bihar and is a mechanical engineer by profession, is also named in the charge sheet filed against Abu Jundal, a key handler of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed