Suspected ISI agent admits to spying on Indian Army
Lucknow: A suspected ISI agent arrested in Kanpur on Saturday, has revealed during his interrogation that he was spying on the Indian Army. He has also reportedly confessed to having taken his training in Pakistan.
He has admitted that he was sending information about the Indian Army across the border through internet and telephone links.
The agent is being questioned by the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).
Imtiaz Ali, who hails from Jhansi, was nabbed by ATS sleuths from Bhauti area earlier today in Kanpur, about 80 km from state capital Lucknow.
"Documents related to defence establishments in various districts of Uttar Pradesh have been recovered from Ali`s possession," a senior ATS official told a media service.
The official said as part of the ISI training, Ali had gone to Karachi in November last year. "After undergoing the training, he returned in February and was entrusted with passing on information related to cantonments in Agra, Meerut and Jhansi."
Additional Director General (Law and Order) A.K. Jain confirmed the arrest but refused to divulge details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016