Suspected ISI spy arrested in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Police on Monday
arrested a man in Meerut for allegedly spying for Pakistani
Inter Services Intelligence.
ADG (Law and Order) Brij Lal said here that Mohammad
Nasir, a resident of Kabadi Bazar, was arrested from Sadar
Bazar by the Anti-Terrorist Squad on the basis of an input
that he was passing on information regarding movement of the
army among others to the ISI.
Nasir was picked up by the ATS with various documents,
including mobile phone numbers of ISI officials, information
about movement of army vehicles and their codes, two mobile
numbers, two passports -- one in his name and the other in the
name of his cousin Mukim.
During interrogation, Nasir told the ATS that on his
visit to Pakistan along with his mother and sister last year,
he had come in contact with ISI men in Lahore and on return
had passed on information asked by them via Dubai, the ADG
said, adding that in return he and his cousin got payment
through money transfer.
Both Nasir and Mukim had constantly been in touch with
the ISI over telephone, the ADG said.
He said a case of waging war and abetting war against
Government of India has been filed in this connection and
efforts were on to arrest Mukim.
Nasir is being taken on remand to get more information
regarding his activities, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof