Suspected militant held in Punjab, RDX seized
Amritsar: A suspected militant of the banned terrorist-outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) has been arrested and 1.4 kg RDX, besides arms and ammunition, recovered in this Punjab district, police said Wednesday.
Sukhdev Singh alias Sukha was arrested late Tuesday.
"After a secret tip-off, we arrested Sukhdev late Tuesday night from the border of Khalkian and Rattangarh villages. He was wanted in many pending criminal cases," Senior Superintendent of Police (Special Operation Cell) Malwinder Singh said Wednesday.
"We have recovered 1.4 kg RDX, two pistols, one automatic machine gun and over 130 live cartridges from his possession. Our interrogation is on and we are trying to unearth other details from him," he added.
Amritsar is around 250 km from state capital Chandigarh.
This year, Punjab Police have arrested over 12 terrorists belonging to different banned groups. They have twice recovered explosives near Indian Air Force stations in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!