Suspected militant held in Punjab, RDX seized
Amritsar: A suspected militant of the banned terrorist-outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) has been arrested and 1.4 kg RDX, besides arms and ammunition, recovered in this Punjab district, police said Wednesday.
Sukhdev Singh alias Sukha was arrested late Tuesday.
"After a secret tip-off, we arrested Sukhdev late Tuesday night from the border of Khalkian and Rattangarh villages. He was wanted in many pending criminal cases," Senior Superintendent of Police (Special Operation Cell) Malwinder Singh said Wednesday.
"We have recovered 1.4 kg RDX, two pistols, one automatic machine gun and over 130 live cartridges from his possession. Our interrogation is on and we are trying to unearth other details from him," he added.
Amritsar is around 250 km from state capital Chandigarh.
This year, Punjab Police have arrested over 12 terrorists belonging to different banned groups. They have twice recovered explosives near Indian Air Force stations in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees