Suspected militant held in Punjab, RDX seized
Amritsar: A suspected militant of the banned terrorist-outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) has been arrested and 1.4 kg RDX, besides arms and ammunition, recovered in this Punjab district, police said Wednesday.
Sukhdev Singh alias Sukha was arrested late Tuesday.
"After a secret tip-off, we arrested Sukhdev late Tuesday night from the border of Khalkian and Rattangarh villages. He was wanted in many pending criminal cases," Senior Superintendent of Police (Special Operation Cell) Malwinder Singh said Wednesday.
"We have recovered 1.4 kg RDX, two pistols, one automatic machine gun and over 130 live cartridges from his possession. Our interrogation is on and we are trying to unearth other details from him," he added.
Amritsar is around 250 km from state capital Chandigarh.
This year, Punjab Police have arrested over 12 terrorists belonging to different banned groups. They have twice recovered explosives near Indian Air Force stations in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre