Suspected militant held in Punjab, RDX seized
Amritsar: A suspected militant of the banned terrorist-outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) has been arrested and 1.4 kg RDX, besides arms and ammunition, recovered in this Punjab district, police said Wednesday.
Sukhdev Singh alias Sukha was arrested late Tuesday.
"After a secret tip-off, we arrested Sukhdev late Tuesday night from the border of Khalkian and Rattangarh villages. He was wanted in many pending criminal cases," Senior Superintendent of Police (Special Operation Cell) Malwinder Singh said Wednesday.
"We have recovered 1.4 kg RDX, two pistols, one automatic machine gun and over 130 live cartridges from his possession. Our interrogation is on and we are trying to unearth other details from him," he added.
Amritsar is around 250 km from state capital Chandigarh.
This year, Punjab Police have arrested over 12 terrorists belonging to different banned groups. They have twice recovered explosives near Indian Air Force stations in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?