Suspected militant held in Punjab, RDX seized
Amritsar: A suspected militant of the banned terrorist-outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) has been arrested and 1.4 kg RDX, besides arms and ammunition, recovered in this Punjab district, police said Wednesday.
Sukhdev Singh alias Sukha was arrested late Tuesday.
"After a secret tip-off, we arrested Sukhdev late Tuesday night from the border of Khalkian and Rattangarh villages. He was wanted in many pending criminal cases," Senior Superintendent of Police (Special Operation Cell) Malwinder Singh said Wednesday.
"We have recovered 1.4 kg RDX, two pistols, one automatic machine gun and over 130 live cartridges from his possession. Our interrogation is on and we are trying to unearth other details from him," he added.
Amritsar is around 250 km from state capital Chandigarh.
This year, Punjab Police have arrested over 12 terrorists belonging to different banned groups. They have twice recovered explosives near Indian Air Force stations in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das